- Per Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald, Dolphins HC Brian Flores said TE Mike Gesicki is working on rehabbing his shoulder injury, which means no surgery for the moment.
- Miami just had a walkthrough practice on Thursday but Gesicki was listed as an estimated limited participant along with S Bobby McCain. (Adam Beasley)
- Dolphins RB Matt Breida said he’s feeling good after two weeks on the COVID-19 list: “I feel great. I feel 100 percent healthy. I’m ready to go.” (Josh Tolentino)
- The Athletic’s Connor Hughes expects the Jets to draft a running back and add a mid-tier free agent to form a three-headed committee with 2019 fourth-round RB La’Mical Perine. He lists Colts RB Marlon Mack, Rams RB Malcolm Brown and Patriots RB James White as some options.
- Hughes writes Bears WR Allen Robinson should be the Jets’ top target, with Titans WR Corey Davis a potentially cheaper alternative. He adds there are some maturity and redundancy concerns with Steelers WR JuJu Smith-Schuster, who plays slot receiver like Jets veteran Jamison Crowder.
- Jets GM Joe Douglas was reportedly very high on Patriots G Joe Thuney last year before he was franchise-tagged and Hughes expects him to go after Thuney again this year. Hughes doesn’t think either Alex Lewis or Greg Van Roten to be back in 2021.
- Hughes notes Ravens OLB Matt Judon is another potential free agent fit given Douglas’ background in Baltimore and New York’s need at edge rusher.
- The Jets need cornerback help bad but Hughes notes it’s not a good free-agent class. Some options to pursue include Bengals CB William Jackson, Rams CB Troy Hill and Steelers nickel CB Mike Hilton.
- Jets OLB Jordan Jenkins will need surgery to repair a shoulder injury this offseason. (Hughes)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!