- The Buffalo Bills brought in LB Darron Lee and TE Alex Ellis for visits this week, according to Aaron Wilson. The team is now expected to sign Lee to a contract.
- OUT for Week 8: T Cody Ford (knee), CB Josh Norman (hamstring)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 8: DT Vernon Butler (groin), DE Jerry Hughes (foot), S Micah Hyde (concussion), DT Quinton Jefferson (knee), CB Cameron Lewis (wrist), LB Matt Milano (pectoral), G Brian Winters (knee)
- Bills activated TE Lee Smith from the COVID-19 list. (NFLTR)
“Durham has been a big part of our club for the last two years that I’ve been here, just in the run game and from a leadership standpoint in that room,” Godsey said, via Barry Jackson of The Miami Herald. “When he was able to catch the rock for a touchdown, I think it excited that room because we know how much he means to both the O-line as far as being a part of them and then the run game, being the physical player, in the tight end room. Adam has had some success in this league; this guy has caught touchdowns before. He just hit a point in his career where maybe he ran through a couple of injuries, but obviously, he’s showed up here in the past couple of weeks, and he’s doing a good job too in the run game. We’re a pretty tight-knit group in that room, and it’s good to see each other succeed.”
- Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the Patriots are likely to place WR Julian Edelman on injured reserve in the near future after he underwent surgery to clear out his knee on Thursday.
- According to Rapoport, Edelman’s deal with a “chronic” knee injury that’s basically “bone on bone.“
- Regarding Edelman’s injury, Patriots HC Bill Belichick said: “We’ll see how the return goes. I don’t think this is a season-ending situation. But we’ll see. I’m not a doctor. We’ll see how it goes here.” (Zack Cox)
- Rapoport also reports that CB Stephon Gilmore tweaked his knee and had an MRI after leaving practice early on Thursday. Rapoport says that Gilmore’s injury was deemed minor, but his status for Sunday is not fully clear at this time, even though he has not been ruled out.
- OUT for Week 8: DT Carl Davis (concussion), WR Julian Edelman (knee), WR N’Keal Harry (concussion)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 8: LB Shilique Calhoun (knee), S Kyle Dugger (ankle), CB Stephon Gilmore (knee), DT Lawrence Guy (ankle), RB Damien Harris (ankle), T Justin Herron (ankle), CB J.C. Jackson (knee), TE Dalton Keene (knee), G Shaquille Mason (calf), DE John Simon (shoulder), T Joe Thuney (ankle)