New Broncos QB Joe Flacco explained that his familiarity with the team’s offense has made the transition easy for him.
“I think terminology-wise, I’m familiar with a lot,” Flacco said, via DenverBroncos.com. “That’s kind of made the transition easy. I think the play-pass stuff, there is a lot of stuff that I’m familiar with. I think some of the drop-back game’s a little different, but, overall, I would say there is a pretty good amount of familiarity with it.”
- Broncos HC Vic Fangio told reporters that Kareem Jackson played safety during their three-day minicamp: “The reason being there’s more to learn at safety than at corner. He’s played so much corner in his career so I wanted him to get all of his work in this camp at the safety position to feel comfortable there.” (Ryan O’Halloran)
Breer suggests either the Chargers’ No. 28 overall pick or their second rounder as a potential return for Rosen.
- Texans GM Brian Gaine told reporters that RB D’Onta Foreman came back in good shape: “We’re pleased with his progress. Lot of offseason to complete, so far, so good.” (Aaron Wilson)
- Gaine said of possible signing franchise OLB Jadeveon Clowney to a long-term deal: “That’s still the plan.” (Aaron Wilson)
- Regarding WR Will Fuller‘s return, Gaine said: “I expect when we kick off against New Orleans for him to be ready to go. Everything has gone well, no setbacks. Everything trending in right direction. Looking good.” (Aaron Wilson)
- Gaine mentioned their hope is that Matt Kalil will compete for starting left tackle job with Julie’n Davenport. (Aaron Wilson)