- Mike Klis of 9News reports that Broncos QB Drew Lock has been meeting “daily” with first-round WR Jerry Jeudy and are among those participating in unofficial workouts.
- Klis adds that Broncos’ seventh-round OLB Derrek Tuszka has been participating in their unofficial team workouts with other defensive players.
- Joel Corry of CBS Sports has a great article up about the looming contract negotiations between the Chiefs and QB Patrick Mahomes, who is expected to sign a record-setting extension at some point in the next year.
- Corry writes that Mahomes could become the first NFL player to sign a $200 million contract, considering that he is the youngest player to ever win both league MVP and Super Bowl MVP honors.
- Corry says Mahomes would need to sign a four-year extension averaging approximately $43.1 million per year to reach the $200 million mark in his next deal.
- Corry points out that this type of extension for Mahomes would be in-line with him receiving the franchise tag in 2022 and 2023, which would also be consistent with the largest annual increases for quarterbacks from the last 10 years.
- Scott Bair of NBC Bay Area notes that incoming linebackers Cory Littleton and Nick Kwiatkoski are vital pieces of the Raiders’ defense going forward and will need to play well in order to elevate the defensive status of the team.
- Bair adds that while Littleton is a sideline to sideline type of player, Kwiatkoski will be the one who will act as an extension of DC Paul Guenther by directing traffic, functioning well in coverage and stuffing the run.