- Broncos HC Vance Joseph said that Paxton Lynch is a factor when it comes to who they take at No. 5 overall pick: “Paxton is a factor … whether we take a QB or not we believe in Paxton.” (Mike Klis)
- Joseph added: “By no means is Paxton done. … We believe in Paxton.” (Nicki Jhabvala)
- If OTAs started tomorrow, Joseph said the Broncos’ starting offensive line would probably be: LT Garett Bolles, LG Ronald Leary, C Matt Paradis, RG Connor McGovern, RT Jared Veldheer. (Nicki Jhabvala)
- According to Joseph, inside linebacker is a position they’re hoping to address in the draft. (Mike Klis)
- Given that the Broncos could use another tight end, Troy Renck believes veteran Marcedes Lewis would make some sense for Denver.
- According to Armando Salguero, multiple people within the Dolphins’ organization hope they get the chance to draft a quarterback in the first round. However, Salguero says that Miami believes Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield will all be gone when Miami picks at No. 11 overall.
- Salguero says that the support for QB Ryan Tannehill within the Dolphins runs from “believing he’s an elite, Super Bowl-type quarterback who can put the team on his shoulders to something just short of that.“
Raiders HC Jon Gruden said “there’s a lot intrigue” as to why Colin Kaepernick is still unemployed. Gruden added that he thinks Kaepernick will be in camp with a team this summer.
“I think there’s a lot of intrigue there,” Gruden said, via Paul Gutierrez of ESPN.com. “His performance on the field wasn’t very good, on tape. I think, Robert Griffin, a rookie of the year, surprised he’s out there. Tim Tebow, takes a team to the playoffs, there’s some surprise that he never came back. You know, Johnny Manziel, he’s out there.
“Back to Kaepernick, you know he got beat out by [Blaine] Gabbert, to start the  season. I think that says something. [But] I am surprised he’s not in camp with somebody. He probably will be soon.”
- Regarding Khalil Mack, Gruden said: “Obviously, we’ve got to get him signed somehow.” If Raiders can have elite play at interior pass rusher, “you’ll see the best of this guy.” (Michael Gehlken)
- Gruden said he’s not too concerned with how many running backs they’ll carry this year, given that some are “satellites” who contribute at various places: “We may draft a back, too. I love some backs in this draft.” (Michael Gehlken)
- Gruden explained that their decision to move on from Michael Crabtree and bring in Jordy Nelson: “Crab was a good player, no doubt. With a lot of receivers, sometimes a change of scenery is a good thing. Crab’s in a good place (in Baltimore) and this is a good place for Nelson.” (Scott Bair)
- Gruden believes the Raiders have a lot of needs left and specifically named defensive back, offensive tackle, and receiver and inside pass rusher. (Scott Bair)
- As for veteran OT Donald Penn (Lisfranc), Gruden said he won’t be fully ready to go when offseason program starts, but he’s ahead of schedule. (Scott Bair)
- According to Gruden, newly signed Breno Giacomini is the front-runner at right tackle. (Scott Bair)