Browns DT Larry Ogunjobi (biceps) said he will be a “game-time decision” on Sunday and still needs to be medically cleared.
“Well, that’s always what I think, but I’ve still got to see what the coaches and the trainers [say]. Ultimately, it’ll be a game-time decision for the most part,” said Ogunjobi, via Nate Ulrich.
Ogunjobi added that he is still waiting on the results of his second opinion from Dr. Andrews but can still play if his bicep is fully torn, per Mary Kay Cabot.
- The Cleveland Browns tried out WRs Jake Lampman and Daniel Williams (signed to practice squad) on Wednesday. (Howard Balzer)
Dolphins HC Adam Gase declined to say whether CB Xavien Howard underwent surgery to repair a knee injury
“Any of that stuff, we keep in-house. … We have to make sure we do the right thing for him. When he’s ready to go, he’s ready to go,” said Gase, via Adam Beasley.
- Gase praised recently signed WR Brice Butler‘s vertical ability and has done well “developing chemistry” with QB Ryan Tannehill: “I like his route running, his ability to go up and get balls. We’ve seen more than what you guys have been able to see in practice. He’s done a really good job of learning fast and developing chemistry with Ryan [Tannehill] and be a guy where you throw it up to him and let go get it.” (Barry Jackson)
- Dolphins C Jake Brendel re-injured his calf this week and is week-to-week.
- Cameron Wolfe points out that Travis Swanson will likely start at center and Ted Larsen at left guard.
- Despite reports saying the Jets are starting QB Sam Darnold for Week 14, HC Todd Bowles indicated that no final decision has been made: “No, not yet.” (Rich Cimini)
- Bowles said Jets RB Isaiah Crowell‘s toe injury is a “concern” and will be a gameday decision for Week 14. (Manish Mehta)
Ravens’ veteran CB Jimmy Smith said he is “still” returning to form after recovering from a torn Achilles injury he sustained in December.
“Honestly I’m still getting it back,” Smith said, via Jeff Zrebeic of The Athletic. “Each week, it’s more of a situation, where there’s kind of a fearlessness, like just [screw] it. I can’t go out there and be timid. I can’t go out there and worry about if I’m fast enough [or] if I’m quick enough. I can’t play with limitations.”