Colts QB Jacoby Brissett (MCL) said he was “getting better each day” leading into Week 10’s game but HC Frank Reich decided to rest him.
“I felt like I was getting better each day,” Brissett said, via Joel A. Erickson of the Indianapolis Star. “It was a coach’s decision. He made the decision that he thought was best for myself and for the team. It’s his job, I guess, to protect myself from myself.”
Colts OC Nick Sirianni said they will not know Brissett’s availability until later this week but will want him to play in Week 11 “if there’s a chance to play him.”
“You don’t always know,” Sirianni said. “You don’t know until later in the week and, obviously, Jacoby’s our starting quarterback. If there’s a chance to play him, we want to play him.”
- Per the Athletic’s Stephen Holder, Reich told reporters that the team planned to stick with K Adam Vinatieri despite his struggles this season: “Adam is our kicker. [Colts GM Chris Ballard] and I have talked about the situation. Obviuosly there have been other kickers in here… When you take a look, we believe Adam is the answer.”
- Barring a setback in Wednesday’s practice, Brissett will start on Sunday. (Zak Keefer)
Jaguars QB Nick Foles will make his first appearance for Jacksonville since breaking his collarbone in Week 1 this week against the Colts. While his backup, sixth-round rookie Gardner Minshew, has been playing at a strong level, the Jaguars don’t expect there to be any dropoff with Foles in the lineup.
“It’s like riding a bicycle,” Jaguars WR DJ Chark said via Jacksonville.com’s John Reid. “As long as you are doing your job, you can bet Nick is going to do his job. As long as you are getting open, the ball is going to be in the spot to just catch it. That’s pretty much it.”
- The Athletic’s Vic Tafur writes that it likely depends on what other offers Raiders S Karl Joseph gets on the market for whether he returns to Oakland after this season.
- Tafur mentions the Raiders would likely only keep one of RBs Jalen Richard or DeAndre Washington, assuming both don’t decide to leave.
- Raiders HC Jon Gruden said S Lamarcus Joyner is “questionable at best” for Sunday’s game. (Scott Bair)