- Following the news that TE Jack Doyle is out for the season with a kidney injury, Colts HC Frank Reich said that they are hopeful and optimistic that TEs Mo Alie-Cox, Erik Swoope and/or Ryan Hewitt will be back in Week 13. (Joel A. Erickson)
- Reich added that it’s too early to know whether or not C Ryan Kelly will be able to return this week. (Joel A. Erickson)
On Monday, the Jaguars made the decision to fire OC Nathaniel Hackett.
Hackett that he thought he was being called in to discuss a quarterback change when he was informed he was being relieved of his duties.
“It wasn’t anything negative, (Marrone) just decided to make a move. I guess he didn’t think I was good enough, that’s the only thing I can think of. It’s a shock,” Hackett tells Ian Rapoport. “I knew Doug had thought about it. I guess the football Gods had it out for me. We started off hot, had so many injuries, we were a completely different team. Guys busted their butts, but you can only do so much. I wish I could’ve figured something out.”
- Jaguars HC Doug Marrone announced that they’ve promoted QBs coach Scott Milanovich to offensive coordinator.
- Marrone told reporters that he has not been told he’ll be back next year while adding: “And I haven’t asked.” (Daniel Popper)
- Marrone said it “hasn’t been confirmed” whether G Andrew Norwell (ankle, injured reserve) will need surgery. (Phillip Heilman)
- Ravens HC John Harbaugh said Monday that there is no tear in QB Joe Flacco‘s hip and the concern is related to the strength of his hip and the potential of him dislocating it if he plays too soon: “[The hip] has to be strong and stable. There is no big tear in there. The hip has to be strong and not agitated for Joe to be able to protect himself. That’s the concern. It’s Joe’s safety.” (Jamison Hensley)
- According to Harbaugh, the Ravens could use both Flacco and Lamar Jackson a significant amount in games once Flacco is cleared: “We’ll just do what gives us the best chance and try to use all of our players the best way we can. So, everything is on the table.” (Jamison Hensley)
- Regarding the pending quarterback decision, Harbaugh said his priority is “being the best team that we can be. I’m not locked into anything.” (Jeff Zrebiec)
- Harbaugh mentioned that he’s not sure if S Tony Jefferson (ankle) will be able to play on Sunday, but added that they’re comfortable with Chuck Clark. (Jeff Zrebiec)