Colts veteran QB Philip Rivers explained that he was frustrated with his performance last week and wanted to make sure his teammates knew he has to play better.
“Early on, it was a little more of a feeling like you had to act a certain way around the building a little bit,’’ said Rivers, via Mike Chappell of Fox59. “Making sure they knew that I was disappointed. Making sure they knew that I knew that those were dumb plays. Making sure they knew that I care, all those things that you feel like you need to make sure that they guys know.”
Rivers called his interception returned for a touchdown a “critical mistake” and feels it was a play he normally executes.
“Those are critical mistakes,’’ Rivers said. “I missed Jack (Doyle) on a corner route that I would argue I’d probably hit 95 out of 100. Couple of other throws here and there that are going to happen in every game. When you lose they get a little more magnified, and I’m okay with that and understand that and acknowledge that. I’ll be better this week. Bounce back and go.’’
- ESPN’s Bill Barnwell outlines a potential trade between the Colts and Jets, with Indianapolis sending a 2021 second and conditional 2022 third-round pick to New York for QB Sam Darnold.
- Barnwell notes the Jets are looking likelier and likelier to get the No. 1 overall pick, which comes with Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence who even as a prospect looks like more of a sure thing than Darnold. Indianapolis won’t be in range of the top quarterbacks and could roll the dice that Darnold could thrive as a potential long-term option in a better situation.
- Colts LB Darius Leonard thinks he’s “very close” to coming back from a groin injury and is “getting closer every day” even if he doesn’t know exactly when he’ll return. (George Bremer)
- ESPN’s Bill Barnwell outlines a potential trade between the Saints and Jaguars. Jacksonville would send WR Dede Westbrook to New Orleans in exchange for a 2021 seventh-round pick.
- Westbrook has fallen deep in the pecking order in the Jaguars’ receiving corps but would still represent an upgrade in the slot for New Orleans as depth behind Michael Thomas.
- ESPN’s Bill Barnwell outlines a potential trade between the Packers and Texans. Houston would send WR Kenny Stills to Green Bay in exchange for a 2021 sixth-round pick.
- Stills is in the final year of his contract but would add some depth for a Packers receiving corps that’s been made even shallower with injuries. Houston meanwhile would recoup a pick.