Colts owner Jim Irsay told reporters after Sunday’s game that K Adam Vinatieri‘s issues this year are concerning.
“All our fans, like I, hurt with Adam, because no one hurts more than Adam does and it breaks my heart to see it because I know how hard he works. So of course it is a concern,” Irsay said, via NFL.com. “I can’t lie to you guys. Anyone would tell you it’s a concern. Adam, coach, Chris everyone. Yeah, it’s a concern. This league is professional football. We all have to produce. The expectation is to win when you’re professional.
“So we’ve got to figure out where we’re at there. And see what coach (Frank Reich) and (general manager) Chris (Ballard) think is the best direction, and I know Adam will be the most self-honest person of all. So we’ll just see where we’re at.”
- Stephen Holder spoke with Colts K Adam Vinatieri as he was headed to the bus and the veteran kicker said: “You’ll hear from me tomorrow.” When Holder told Vinatieri that they are scheduled to see him tomorrow, he said, “Yeah, you will.” This implies that could be some sort of announcement regarding his status.
- Pro Football Talk says it’s safe to say Vinatieri is leaning toward retirement. However, the Colts reportedly aren’t throwing in the towel and want him to stay. According to PFT, a final decision is expected by tomorrow afternoon.
- Ian Rapoport reports that CB Pierre Desir is dealing with a bone bruise and will undergo more tests on Monday. However, the expectation is that Desir will miss some time.
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, citing a source with knowledge of the situation, reports that Ravens rookie WR Marquise Brown is the other football player who was present on one of the evenings that culminated in an alleged incident between Antonio Brown and his accuser.
- Marquise is the cousin of Antonio and is facing accusations. However, Florio says it’s likely Brown will be interviewed by the NFL to determine any information that he may have regarding anything he witnessed between Brown and his accuser.
- Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger was forced from Sunday’s game with a right elbow injury. Gerry Dulac reports that Roethlisberger will have an MRI on his right elbow to determine the extent of his injury on Monday.
- According to ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler, the Steelers are not expected to be contenders to trade for Dolphins DB Minkah Fitzpatrick.