- The Athletic’s Connor Hughes expects Jets OT George Fant to be the swing tackle as his primary role following the signing of RT Morgan Moses, albeit a highly-paid swing tackle.
- If LT Mekhi Becton‘s foot injury lingers or worsens, though, Hughes points out Fant is a decent insurance policy.
- Hughes estimates Jets second-round WR Elijah Moore finishes the 2020 season with around 800-900 yards and five or six touchdowns and adds people inside the building can’t stop raving about him.
- Based on the performance of Sam Ficken and UDFA Chris Naggar in OTAs, Hughes doesn’t think the Jets’ Week 1 kicker is on the roster.
- ESPN’s Mike Reiss lists Patriots former first-round WR N’Keal Harry on the roster bubble given his struggles and all the additions New England made this offseason.
- Reiss notes the Patriots would actually lose cap space by cutting Harry, which would have given him time in camp to carve out a roster spot.
- Ben Volin of the Boston Globe points out that while the Patriots still owe Harry $2.05 million guaranteed, that number is subject to offsets if he signs with a new team, which would be at least $850,000 as the minimum salary.
- Harry formally requested a trade Tuesday to try and land on a new team before the start of training camp. (NFLTR)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!