- Barry Jackson reports that the Dolphins indicated they intend to bring in Western Illinois QB Sean McGuire if Vikings don’t sign him following a tryout this weekend.
Nick Underhill of The Athletic posted the breakdown of guaranteed money included in the Patriots’ undrafted free agent signings:
- TE Andrew Beck: $115,000
- LB Terez Hall: $85,000
- S Malik Grant: $85,000
- WR Jakobi Meyers: $70,000
- OL Tyler Gauthier: $70,000
- WR Ryan Davis: $70,000
- RB Nick Brossette: $37,000
- OL Calvin Anderson: $30,000
- OL Tyree St. Louis: $27,500
- CB Ross D’Angelo: $17,500
- Field Yates reports that Patriots scout DuJuan Daniels is expected to pursue opportunities outside of New England and is receiving interest from “several” NFL teams.
- According to Yates, Daniels is expected to be a future candidate for a general manager role.
Raiders HC Jon Gruden said veteran RB Doug Martin, who was recently re-signed, will be a “great mentor” to first-round RB Josh Jacobs and “knows the system” from last year.
“Doug will be able to come in here and be a great mentor to Jacobs,” Gruden said, via Scott Bair of NBC Sports. “He knows the system. He has produced in the system. Doug has had some real highs and some real lows in this league. He’ll be a great resource to our young back, and he can still play. We’re happy to have Doug back and disappointed for Isaiah.”
Gruden added that the team is “comfortable” with Martin, while Jacobs will have to “beat out some good backs” to earn the first-team role.
“Doug Martin was our three-down back last year and he finished quite well,” Gruden said. “We’re comfortable with Doug. I think Jalen Richard is a really good back, and he wants to be a three-down back. We just paid him a lot of money because of his skill. I think DeAndre Washington, who was hurt most of last year, is also going to be a contributor. We’ll see what happens with Jacobs. He has a lot to learn in our system, and he has to beat out some good backs.”