Like many teams in the NFL, the Colts haven’t really used a dedicated fullback the past few seasons. However, the team just added former Steelers FB Roosevelt Nix as they look to continue their rushing success of the past few seasons with Nix leading the way for RB Marlon Mack.
“Indy was already a phenomenal rushing team last year,” Nix said via Joel Erickson of the Indianapolis Star. “I like to think that I can have a very big benefit, a positive reaction and attraction to that. I hope I can bring some more numbers, some more yards to Mack’s season.”
- Stephen Holder says that after the Colts traded their first-round pick for DT DeForest Buckner, he assumed the team would not be drafting a QB such as Utah State’ Jordan Love.
- Alabama DE Terrell Lewis has had a pre-draft video meeting with the Colts. (Peter King)
Jaguars OT Jawaan Taylor flashed enough as a rookie for the organization to believe he has potential as a stalwart at right tackle. But to reach it, the jump between his first and second seasons will be critical. The current shutdown limiting offseason activities to virtual learning and solo workouts without the benefit of team facilities or trainers isn’t ideal but Taylor says that’s not an excuse.
“I love the offseason – being around teammates and training together and getting better as a team,” Taylor said via John Oehser of the team website. “[But] there are really no excuses. You’ve got to stay in shape in this game. Right now, we’re at the point where we’re all trying to find ways to get better.”
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer says the Jaguars have been connected to Auburn DT Derrick Brown and might try to trade down if he’s gone by their pick.
- NBC Sports’ Peter King says a friend of Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell says the team wants to give 2019 sixth-round QB Gardner Minshew “a real shot.”
- Ben Standig also mentions that Jacksonville appears to be set on Minshew serving as their starter next season.
- Alabama DE Terrell Lewis has had a pre-draft video meeting with the Jaguars. (Peter King)
- Rice OT Justin Gooseberry had a virtual meeting with the Texans. Gooseberry is seen as a late-round pick or priority undrafted free agent. (Aaron Wilson)
- Texas Tech DT Broderick Washington had a virtual meeting with the Texans among others. (Aaron Wilson)