Colts HC Frank Reich believes the team’s heavy rushing attack has the ability to wear defenses down.
“If you’re getting a back enough touches (and) you’re making first downs running the football, you’re wearing (defenses) down,’’ said Reich, via Mike Chappell of CBS4Indy. “And I think the backs get a feel of the rhythm, of the way the game is going, of the patience it takes to find and see the hole.’’
Reich feels that Colts RB Marlon Mack has improved his physical shape from 2018 and added, “the more touches we can get him, the better.”
“I think Marlon physically is in better shape this year than he was last year. I think he’s stronger. He showed breakaway speed (against the Chargers). So yeah, the more touches we can get him, the better.’’
- Jaguars HC Doug Marrone said that LT Cam Robinson (knee) is cleared to play but he will hold him out against the Texans. (Michael DiRocco)
- Texans WR Kenny Stills was asked if he was surprised the Dolphins traded him to Houston: “It’s a business. Being a football player, it’s happened before, but I wouldn’t say I was surprised. You kind of hear the buzzes and people talking about it. I honestly wouldn’t put it past anybody ever being traded.” (Aaron Wilson)
- Texans HC Bill O’Brien said of WR Keke Coutee: “Arrow trending toward being able to play. He’s been out there at practice. Inactives will be interesting, lot of guys playing well.” (Aaron Wilson)
- Aaron Wilson reports that As part of his $33 million extension, Texans C Nick Martin‘s new three-year, $33 million extension includes a $5 million signing bonus as part of the $18.35 million total guaranteed.
- Martin stands to make base salaries of $6.101 million (fully guaranteed), $7.25 million (fully guaranteed), $7.25 million, and $7.75 million and has annual roster bonuses up to $250,000 if active every game.
- The Texans officially list RB Taiwan Jones (elbow, hamstring), G Senio Kelemete (wrist), and C Greg Mancz (ankle) as questionable for Week 2.