Many thought the Colts would become a run-heavy team and not ask too much of QB Jacoby Brissett following his surprise elevation into the starting lineup this preseason. And while the ground game has been a key part of the Colts identity, Brissett has proven he’s capable of being much more than a game manager so far this season. He threw four touchdown passes in Indianapolis’ huge division win against the Texans Sunday and ranks fourth in the NFL this season with 14.
“He’s definitely not a game manager,” Colts DE Justin Houston said via the Indianapolis Star’s Jim Ayello. “He’s a game-changer. That’s big for us to have one of those guys on our team. And he’s still growing. Sky’s the limit.”
- Per John Oehser of the official team website, Jaguars HC Doug Marrone says WR Marqise Lee should be back this week from an ankle injury.
- Jaguars promoted LB Joe Giles-Harris to their active roster. (NFLTR)
- Jaguars waived DB Parry Nickerson. (NFLTR)
- Jaguars released QB Chase Litton from their practice squad.
- Per Jim Wyatt of the official team website, Titans HC Mike Vrabel said he saw general improvement from the offense with new starting QB Ryan Tannehill at the helm: “I think everybody probably played better, at all positions. I thought [Ryan] was efficient.”
- Vrabel said K Ryan Succop is making progress in his return from injury and is working on his routine after he kicks: “These guys have a very specific routine about how they come back after they kick.” (Turron Davenport)