- CBS Sports analyst and former agent Joel Corry identifies Colts LT Anthony Castonzo as a potential franchise tag candidate.
- The Athletic’s Mike Sando writes the Colts will likely exercise the fifth-year option for S Malik Hooker this offseason.
As the Jaguars’ season continues to circle the drain, the buzz that the front office could be considering massive changes continues to build. The Jaguars were in the AFC Championship game just a few seasons ago, but an inability to build off that success has Jaguars HC Doug Marrone looking at potentially his last few games in Jacksonville.
“We’re all fighting for our jobs,” Marrone said via Jacksonville.com’s John Reid. “Everybody’s fighting to maintain, to try to stay in the league. Whether it’s players by doing a good job being able to perform so they can keep a job, or whether it be coaches doing a good job with their position group, or whether it be me trying to win football games. It’s a constant evaluation in this league. But I think it even gets more of a microscope when you’re not winning football games.”
- CBS Sports analyst and former agent Joel Corry identifies Jaguars DE Yannick Ngakoue as a potential franchise tag candidate.
- According to TSN, Jaguars QB coach Scott Milanovich will become the next head coach of the CFL’s Edmonton Eskimos.
- The Athletic’s Mike Sando writes there’s a good chance the Jaguars will exercise the fifth-year option for RB Leonard Fournette this offseason.
- The Athletic’s Mike Sando writes the Texans will likely exercise the fifth-year option for QB Deshaun Watson this offseason if they don’t sign him to an extension first.
- Sando adds there’s a good chance they also exercise the fifth-year option for CB Gareon Conley after acquiring him via trade from the Raiders this year.
More and more players are staying the NFL late into their 30s these days. However, most of those players are quarterbacks and don’t play a position as punishing as Titans DE Cameron Wake, who played in nine games for the Titans and had 2.5 sacks at the age of 37. Wake said he’d be ready to run it back again next year at the age of 38 if Tennessee was interested.
“I don’t have any plans of giving it up,” Wake said via Jim Wyatt of the official team website. “As long as there is a mutual desire from myself and the organization obviously as well, I’d look forward (to playing here again).
“It is not even a ‘like’ it here – I love it here,” Wake added. “In the past I knew of guys who had passed through this organization, and now having come here myself, it’s an understatement to say how much I enjoy it. I’ve kind of had the appetizer version of what it is.”
- CBS Sports analyst and former agent Joel Corry identifies Titans QB Ryan Tannehill as a potential franchise tag candidate.
- The Titans could also use the transition tag on RB Derrick Henry.
- The Athletic’s Mike Sando writes the Titans will likely decline the fifth-year option for WR Corey Davis this offseason.
- Sando adds there’s a stronger case for the Titans to exercise the option for CB Adoree’ Jackson, though they could still decline his as well.
- Henry told reporters he would play Sunday despite a hamstring injury: “On Sunday, I’ll be ready to go.” (Wyatt)