- NFL Media’s Gregg Rosenthal lists Colts OT Anthony Castonzo as a potential candidate for the franchise tag.
- NFL Media’s Gregg Rosenthal lists Jaguars DE Yannick Ngakoue as an obvious candidate for the franchise tag.
Texans S Justin Reid said he is progressing well with his rehab from a torn labrum.
“Shoulder is holding up good. I actually got out of the sling today. I’m making the right steps and recovering and getting ready for next season,” said Reid, via Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle.
- According to ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler, Texans DT D.J. Reader has come up as a player who could get a much bigger than expected deal as a free agent this offseason, per one AFC evaluator: “The way they talk about Reader [in Houston] on and off the field — he’ll be very attractive. I hear nothing but good things as a player and person.”
- NFL Media’s Gregg Rosenthal doesn’t rule out the Texans using the franchise tag on Reader.
- According to ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler, Titans QB Marcus Mariota plans to take his time during free agency and find the right situation for him going forward.
- Fowler adds Titans RB Derrick Henry is expected to sign a deal worth between $12-$14 million per season, with the franchise tag number of $12.8 million for running backs likely serving as a strong jumping-off point.
- NFL Media’s Gregg Rosenthal lists Titans QB Ryan Tannehill as an obvious candidate for the franchise tag.
- Rosenthal also thinks the transition tag at $10.2 million makes more sense for Henry.
- Titans OT Jack Conklin has two other players ahead of him in priority and likely won’t be tagged.