- Colts HC Frank Reich says his goal on offense in 2019 is to remain creative and improve the running game: “We’ve gotta run the ball better than we did.” (Andrew Walker)
- Reich praised free-agent addition WR Devin Funchess: “What I see is a big man who is really athletic. … This combination of having good feet, good instincts and good body control, and then what sometimes we refer to as body quickness. … The catch radius is massive.” (Walker)
- Reich still considers the Colts’ running back situation a committee, but adds RB Marlon Mack is the clear leader. (Walker)
- According to the Athletic’s Stephen Holder, there’s “nothing imminent” between the Colts and RB Jay Ajayi.
- Texans HC Bill O’Brien said he hopes that franchise OLB Jadeveon Clowney is in attendance for spring workouts in mid-April, but acknowledged that they are voluntary. (Sarah Barshop)
- O’Brien said he thought it was good that RB D’Onta Foreman was able to return from his Achilles injury at the end of last season and shake off the rust. O’Brien added that it should help Foreman gain some confidence in his leg this season. (Sarah Barshop)
- The Texans met with Southern Utah OL Marquez Tucker on Monday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Stephen F. Austin long snapper Chris Wilkerson and UNLV RB Lexington Thomas were invited to the Texans’ local prospect day. (Wilson)
- Texans OL coach Mike Devlin worked out Villanova OL Brandon Hitner. (Aaron Wilson)
During an interview in Hawaii, Titans QB Marcus Mariota said he’s almost back to full health and isn’t worried about his contract as he goes into the fifth year of his rookie contract.
“My mentality as a competitor never changes. I’m going to do my best to be at my best when the season comes and do my best to win games. All that other stuff will take care of itself,“ Mariota said via Pro Football Talk. “Obviously I love Nashville, I love Tennessee. It’s a great organization to play for. With that being said, they got, it’s a business and you can’t take any of that stuff personal. You just got to go out there and do your thing. No matter what, my number one goal is to get healthy and from there just become a better football player and do my best to be my best when the season comes so we can win games.”
- Paul Kuharsky reports that in addition to the ulnar nerve issue and neck stinger that were widely reported, Mariota also suffered a cracked vertebra, a “significant” tear of the plantar fascia, a strained oblique, a broken rib and a sprained AC shoulder joint last season. Titans HC Mike Vrabel mentioned OL Kevin Pamphile as a contender to start at guard. (Jim Wyatt
- Vrabel said he approves of Mariota’s plan to gain weight in an effort to try and improve his durability. (Kuharsky
- While the Titans plan to rotate players to keep them fresh, Vrabel said he won’t take out 37-year-old DE Cameron Wake if he’s “dominating.” (Wyatt
- Titans GM Jon Robinson mentions that Hroniss Grasu is unlikely to be competition for C Ben Jones, and should instead compete with G Corey Levin. (Paul Kuharsky)