Colts GM Chris Ballard reiterated their decision to keep QB Jacoby Brissett is because they feel he’s an NFL starter and has continued to improve throughout his career.
“Yeah, because we think he’s a starter in the league,” Ballard said, Terez Paylor of Yahoo Sports. “I mean Jacoby is continuing to get better and he will continue to get better. Everything Jacoby stands for is what we believe in. He’s a great teammate, he works his tail off and he’s performed.”
Ballard believes some of the criticism Brissett received has been unfair.
“I know Jacoby has taken some hits but some of them are unfair and look, maybe some of them were unfair by me, too. I might not have used the right words at times. I think y’all understand how I feel about this young man. But he’s a special kid. He is a valuable member of the Colts. We’re lucky to have Jacoby Brissett.”
Ballard mentioned that they’ve discussed ways to get Brissett playing time this season.
“[Offensive coordinator] Nick [Sirianni] and I have already been talking about this, about what does it look like if he plays five or seven plays a game? We’re certainly talking about that, open to that and will keep all options open. Whatever we have to do to win.”
According to Aaron Wilson, the Texans’ eight undrafted free agents received the following guaranteed money when signing:
- WR Tyler Simmons: $75,000
- DT Auzoyah Alufohai: $65,000
- G Cordel Iwuagwu: $20,000
- ILB Jan Johnson: $15,000
- RB Scottie Phillips: $10,000
- OLB Jamir Jones: $5,000
- TE Dylan Stapleton: $5,000
- C Elex Woodworth: $5,000
- Regarding the Titans’ interest in Jadeveon Clowney, Jim Wyatt of the team’s official site believes Clowney is currently looking for more leverage before signing with a new team.
- Wyatt points out that Titans HC Mike Vrabel has “great insight” on Clowney given he was the edge rushers’ OLBs coach and defensive coordinator with the Texans from 2014-2017 and is comfortable with Clowney’s “play, attitude, and effort.”
- Wyatt could see the Titans signing another wide receiver “before or during” training camp, but it’s also possible Tennessee waits to sign a free agent after final roster cuts.