After starting at left tackle for the first two weeks of the season, Jaguars OL Will Richardson has rotated in at right guard with previous starter A.J. Cann. Jaguars HC Doug Marrone said he’s not worried about picking and sticking with one.
“I’m not going to lock myself into saying, ‘Hey, a permanent solution is going to be one or the other if they’re being productive for us,’” Marrone said via John Oehser of the official team website. “We’re getting production right now with both of those players playing, and that’s going to help us as the season goes along. I’m happy with both of those players. A.J.’s playing better since Will’s been coming in and playing guard and Will’s a young player that’s really starting to come on and do a nice job. We’re in a pretty good situation.”
- Marrone added the team has been impressed with CB D.J. Hayden‘s production as a nickel corner: “He’s been rock solid. He really has. It’s difficult, playing the nickel position. D.J. has been rock solid and I appreciate the way he plays. He’s always there. He’s not an injury guy. He’s been great. He’s doing a lot for us.”
- Jaguars fifth-round rookie RB Ryquell Armstead progressed enough in pass protection to see the most playing time he’s had this season, responding with 42 yards on eight carries and a touchdown reception: “We’ve always felt good about Rock and the way he’s practiced, his explosiveness and what he can do. We just really didn’t have the ability to get him into the game.”
Texans QB Deshaun Watson took Sunday’s loss to the Panthers particularly hard. While Watson was again pummeled, taking six sacks on the day, he also missed on a pair of deep passes that could have changed the game. Hours after the game was over, he was still at NRG Stadium working with his personal quarterback coach.
“He cares,” Texans HC Bill O’Brien said via Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle. “He cares deeply about trying to help us win. He cares deeply about winning. That’s who he is. We’ve got a lot of guys like that.”
- Texans waived TE Jerell Adams. (NFLTR)
- Texans released OT Christian DiLauro from their practice squad.
- The Tennessee Titans officially worked out OLB Jamal Davis, WR Quincy Adeboyejo, WR Saeed Blacknall, QB Joe Callahan, OLB Kendall Donnerson, QB Taylor Heinicke, WR Tyron Johnson, WR De’Mornay Pierson-El and WR Trevion Thompson on Tuesday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Titans signed OLB Jamal Davis to their practice squad.
- Titans released DL Lyndon Johnson from their practice squad.