Denver also has CB Bryce Callahan (foot) down as questionable for Monday’s game.
- Chargers C Mike Pouncey‘s one-year extension includes a base salary of $6 million for the 2020 season with $2.5 million of it being guaranteed.
- Pouncey’s deal also includes a $2.5 million signing bonus and $500,000 available through incentives. (Dan Graziano)
- The Chargers downgraded K Mike Badgley (groin) to doubtful Week 1 against the Colts.
- Chargers waived OT Brant Weiss from injured reserve with a settlement. (NFLTR)
Raiders HC Jon Gruden said the team “exhausted everything” in regards to Antonio Brown.
“We exhausted everything. We tired every way possible to make it work. I’m disappointed,” said Gruden, per MJ Costa.
“I’m really proud of our players, our coaches, our owner, our front office. We did everything we could to make this work. … I wish Antonio nothing but the best,” said Gruden, via the team’s official site.
Raiders’ captain LB Tahir Whitehead believes the team did “everything we could to support” Brown.
“At the end of the day, he didn’t want to be here. And the other guys here put the team first. We did everything we could to support him and tell him we wanted him here,” said Whitehead, via Vic Tafur.
Raiders WR Tyrell Williams called the last 24 hours wild, crazy, and unexpected with Browns’ headlines.
“It’s been wild, it’s been crazy, it’s been unexpected. But we’re going to go out there and play regardless, so it sucks (Antonio Brown is) not here but he made that decision so we’re going to go out there and play,” said Williams, via Paul Gutierrez.
- Mike Garafolo reports that the Raiders approached Jaguars’ practice squad WR Keelan Doss about returning to Oakland but he agreed to an increased salary of $495,000 to stay in Jacksonville for the 2019 season.
- The Raiders officially ruled out G Gabe Jackson (knee) for Week 1 and list DT Corey Liuget (knee), LB Nicholas Morrow (ankle), and WR J.J. Nelson (ankle) as questionable.