- Matt Verderame of FanSided reports that Chargers’ impending free-agent WR Tyrell Williams is “likely” to reach the open market and has a “real chance” to be paid more than fellow impending free-agent WR Golden Tate.
- Dan Graziano expects the Chiefs to be “aggressive” in free agency and writes that S Earl Thomas “would be exactly” who the team needs.
“I would imagine he’s definitely in play,” Carr told the Fresno Bee. “I hope he’s in play. It would be great to add a guy like that to your team, talent like that. I don’t know what it’s going to cost. The contract stuff starts getting in the way and they got to figure out numbers and all that kind of stuff. I don’t really like the business side of football, but I just like adding good players to our football team. If it works out in the business side, I know the locker room will be arms wide open to accepting Antonio.”
- Michael Gehlken of the Las Vegas Review-Journal points out that the Raiders are in the market for a veteran safety to start opposite Karl Joseph, meaning free-agent S Eric Weddle could be an option for them.
- Gehlken writes that he would be surprised if the Raiders pursuing free-agent S Landon Collins since his market price is too high for them.
- According to Gehlken, the Raiders are expected to show interest in Redskins’ impending free-agent S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix.
- Raiders HC Jon Gruden praised Joseph and third-year CB Gareon Conley, saying they are both “really important” players on defense: “They are really important guys. Conley is very important. He was injured as a rookie. I thought he played pretty good last year. When he was healthy he played very well, had a streak of four or five games where he showcased some really good stuff. Karl Joseph has asserted himself as a leader on our football team, and those are two young guys that we are going to count on.”