- Matt Verderame reports that there is belief around the NFL that the Chargers will wait until after the 2019 season to negotiate a long-term contract extension for DE Joey Bosa, who has two years left on his rookie deal.
- The Athletic’s Vic Tafur believes one of the Raiders’ three first-round picks is signed, but the team will wait until all three sign to announce it.
- Tafur expects QB Mike Glennon to be the No. 2 quarterback, with QB Nathan Peterman a candidate for the practice squad.
- According to Tafu, Ryan Grant, Marcell Ateman, Hunter Renfrow, J.J. Nelson and Keelan Doss are likely battling for the final two to three spots at wide receiver.
- Tafur mentions the Raiders could try to stash RB Chris Warren again, as Josh Jacobs, Jalen Richard and Doug Martin are all roster locks.
Raiders’ first-round RB Josh Jacobs said the team is preparing him for a heavy workload in 2019.
“They just push me to finish every play, regardless of if I have the ball or not,” Jacobs said, Scott Bair of NBC Sports. “Just to get that extra little conditioning in. I might take more reps for me mentally to be prepared, but also physically to be prepared. So, they’re just pushing me every day to be the best that I can be.”