Browns RB Duke Johnson Planning To Attend OTA’s

     

According to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, Browns RB Duke Johnson plans to show up for the first day of OTA’s on Tuesday. 

Johnson had previously skipped all offseason activities to this point and requested a trade from the Browns after they signed RB Kareem Hunt.

However, Browns GM John Dorsey has said the Browns have no plans to trade Johnson despite reportedly receiving interest from multiple teams.

Though at first glance the Browns backfield is crowded with Johnson, Hunt and second-year starter RB Nick Chubb, Hunt is slated to miss the first eight games of the season due to suspension. Dorsey and HC Freddie Kitchens have said multiple times they have a plan to use Johnson this year. 

Johnson, 25, is a former third-round pick of the Browns back in 2015. He was in the final year of his four-year, $3.105 million contract when he agreed to a three-year, $15.6 million extension for the 2018 season. 

Johnson stands to make base salaries of $1.8 million and $3.6 million over the next two years of the agreement.

In 2018, Johnson appeared in all 16 games for the Browns and rushed for 201 yards on 40 carries (5 YPC) to go along with 47 receptions for 429 yards receiving and three touchdowns.

We’ll have more regarding Johnson as the news is available. 

Leave a Reply

avatar
  Subscribe  
Notify of