Here are some the random happenings from around the NFL:
- The Kansas City Chiefs got an exemption for safety Jarrad Page who signed his tender Friday, right before the deadline. This will allow the Chiefs to keep Page on the roster without having to cut an extra player but he’ll be ineligible for the first two games.
- NFL Network’s Jason La Canfora reports that Ed Reed will be out until late-October.
- The San Fransisco 49ers have cut their roster down to 53
- The New Orleans Saints have placed Darren Sharper in the PUP list instead of releasing him, per Brian Allee-Walsh of NewOrleans.com. The Saints also decided to keep Deshawn Wynn and cut Patrick Ramsey and Ladell Betts, per Mike Triplett, The Times-Picayune
- The Dallas Cowboys have traded offensive lineman Pat McQuistan to the Miami Dolphins for an undisclosed 2011 draft pick, according to Todd Archer of the Dallas Morning News
- The Cleveland Browns have placed Montario Hardesty on IR, ending his rookie season
- The Philadelphia Eagles have cut ten players, including J.J Arrington.
- The Chicago Bears have cut Al Afalava and some others