- Clarence Hill writes that if Cowboys WR Terrance Willimas ends up being suspended by the NFL for his recent arrest for public intoxication following a car accident and leaving the scene, his status with the team could very well be in jeopardy.
- Should Williams be suspended for the incident, it would void the remaining $3.5 million guaranteed money in his contract and allow the Cowboys to move on from him and incur $3.75 million dead money, as opposed to $7.25 million.
The Philadelphia Eagles announced Monday that they’ve made some changes to their scouting staff including:
- Andy Weidl named Director of Player Personnel
- Alan Wolking named Assistant Director of College Scouting
- Shawn Heinlen hired as Southwest Area Scout
- Patrick Stewart hired as National Scout
- Ryan Myers named West Coast Area Scout
- Jim Ward named Northeast Area Scout
- Casey Weidl named Player Personnel Coordinator
- Lee DiValerio hired as Scouting Assistant
Giants WR Odell Beckham Jr. was once again in attendance for the start of OTAs on Monday.
New Giants HC Pat Shurmur said that Beckham can’t physically compete yet but it’s great having him at practice.
“Looks good. He’s out here moving around,” Shurmur said, via ESPN.com. “He’s chomping at the bit, wanted to get out and do more than we’re allowing him to at this point. We’re just trying to make sure everything is healed to the fullest before we put him out there.”
- According to Ryan Dunleavy, Ereck Flowers worked as the first-team right tackle during OTAs on Monday.
- Regarding Flowers, Shurmur said: “Flowers looked good today. I wasn’t all that stressed out he wasn’t here. Glad he was here today. It’s a fresh start for him, like Eli Apple.” (Matt Lombardo)
- Second-round pick Will Hernandez saw time as the Giants left guard with the first-team unit. (Art Stapleton)
- Giants CB Eli Apple said of what happened last year: “Of course I was embarrassed. Nobody wants to go out the way I went out.” He’s happy there is a clean slate. He’s trying to be a better person, teammate and player after a tumultuous second season.” (Jordan Raanan)