Fresh off a $105 million extension, DE Demarcus Lawrence expects to be ready for 2019 following shoulder surgery on Wednesday.
“I can’t put a timetable on how long it’s going to take me to recover from the surgery, but I should be back before the beginning of the season,” Lawrence said via NFL.com.
Lawrence is having the surgery to repair a torn labrum. The surgery comes with an estimated four-to-six month recovery timeframe, but Lawrence says he’s not worried about cutting it close after putting off the procedure until after he signed his extension.
“The thing with this whole contract situation, and everybody wanting me to get my shoulder done, I think they keep forgetting that I played with a broken back two years in a row,” Lawrence said. “I don’t think the pain in the shoulder could ever match up to the pain I had to deal with with the back. So I don’t really think (the shoulder) is going to be an issue. The only thing that could be an issue is if I try to rush it and hurt it again. Ain’t no need to rush it.”
- Lawrence said he never considered sitting out the season if he and the Cowboys didn’t agree to an extension: “Nah I ain’t missing out on $20 million for nobody.” (Jane Slater)
- Cowboys VP Stephen Jones says Dallas “made a run at Cole Beasley with money.” Beasley ultimately signed a four-year, $29 million deal with the Bills. (Jori Epstein)
- Alabama LB Christian Miller visited the Cowboys last week. (Corey Miller)
- According to Jimmy Kempski, the two most likely outcomes for the Eagles’ first-round pick are a trade up from No. 25 into the teens and selecting a defensive lineman.
- Arizona State WR N’Keal Harry visited the Eagles Tuesday. (Josh Norris)
- Memphis RB Darrell Henderson visited the Eagles Tuesday. (Zack Rosenblatt)