- Calvin Watkins of the Dallas Morning News says it’s unlikely the Cowboys are able to retain CB Byron Jones, who has a shot to reset the cornerback market in free agency this year.
- According to ESPN’s Todd Archer, Cowboys S Xavier Woods and CB Jourdan Lewis will each have their base salary rise to $2.2 million through the NFL’s proven performance escalator.
- NFL Media’s Gregg Rosenthal lists Cowboys DT Tyrone Crawford as a likely cap cut this offseason.
- According to a report from The Athletic, Eagles RBs coach Duce Staley recently inquired about the running backs coaching job at South Carolina under HC Will Muschamp. However, he will not be getting the job.
- However, Les Bowen spoke to a source close to the situation who said this never happened.
- John Keim of ESPN writes that it is “hard to imagine” the Redskins keeping TE Jordan Reed given his injury history, while the team would create $8.5 million in cap space.
- Keim also mentions that people close to Redskins GM Dan Snyder predict he will re-sign LB Ryan Kerrigan to an extension that would lower his cap hit.
- JP Finlay mentions Falcons free agent TE Austin Hooper as someone who could make sense for the Redskins, as cutting Reed would save $8 million of cap space that they could put toward Hooper’s contract.