- According to Aaron Wilson, DT Christian Covington‘s deal is worth up to $2.5 million, including a $1 million base salary and $500,000 signing bonus.
- The Giants signed WR Golden Tate to a four-year, $37.5 million contract that includes $22.95 million guaranteed. Tate receives a $10 million signing bonus and will have salaries of $1.975M (2019), $7.975M (2020), $8.475M (2021), and $5.975M (2022). (Aaron Wilson
- According to NFL Media’s Tom Pelissero, the Giants will meet with Michigan DL Rashan Gary following his pro day.
- According to his agent Brett Tessler, T Mike Remmers had a good visit with the Giants and could be close to a deal
- Nothing is imminent between the Giants and Remmers, but their interest is “mutual.” (Tessler)
Dianna Russini mentioned during an appearance on ESPN’s Breaking Big Blue podcast with Jordan Raanan that spoke with people inside the Giants’ organization at the Combine who said that Ohio State QB Dwayne Haskins isn’t a fit for them.
“About a week after the Combine, I circled back with some people like, ‘What are you thinking Haskins? Do you guys like him? Do you think you are going for it with your No. 6 pick?” Russini said, via NJ.com. “It was, ‘No, actually. We are not doing a lot of work on him.’
“I spoke to a few people. I’ll paraphrase one: ‘He doesn’t fit with us.’ The idea that they are not going go after a quarterback with the No. 6 pick solidifies they are not giving up on Eli (Manning).”