- Marcus Mosher says that Allen Hurns was the team’s “clear-cut” No. 1 receiver throughout offseason workouts.
- According to Mosher, the Cowboys have been experimenting with Cole Beasley on the outside more.
- Dallas has had Blake Jarwin lining up as their No. 1 tight end with Rico Gathers “barely gets any snaps in practice.“
- Todd Archer writes that the Cowboys recent offensive additions could leave OL Chaz Green on the outside looking in later this summer.
Ryan Dunleavy of NJ.com ranks the Giants’ 2018 undrafted rookies based on their chances of making the 53-man roster later this summer.
- CB Grant Haley
- FS Sean Chandler
- RB Robert Martin
- ILB Tae Davis
- TE/FB Garrett Dickerson
- C Evan Brown
- DT Tyrell Chavis
- G Nick Gates
- WR Jawill Davis
The Giants announced Wednesday that assistant GM Kevin Abrams has added the title of vice president of football operations. New York also hired Mark Koncz as their director of player personnel and named Chris Pettit director of college scouting.
“In the second year, we expect major strides for all first-year guys. I’ve said it before. So just understanding pro football, what it’s all about in your first year, you have the four preseason games and 16 regular season games,” Gruden said when asked about Perine, via Rich Tandler of NBC Washington. “It’s a grind, mentally. It’s all-day football, not like college where you only get 20 hours a week, so I think he understands the grind and our system a lot better.”
- Gruden mentioned that undrafted rookie WR Cam Simms and CB Danny Johnson “stood out” during minicamp last week.
- John Keim says that QB Kevin Hogan is a “distant third” behind Alex Smith and Colt McCoy in the quarterback rotation this summer and he’s going to need an impressive preseason to secure a spot on the 53-man roster.