Odell Beckham Jr
A source tells Newsday that the Giants’ main objective in regards to WR Odell Beckham Jr is to negotiate a long-term deal to keep him in New York, as opposed to trading him to another team. Newsday’s source added that they would be “very surprised” if the Giants traded Beckham.
Tom Rock reports that the Giants haven’t received interest from other teams regarding a Beckahm Jr trade at the owners meeting.
“Zero. Nada. Zilch,” Rock’s source said.
A source told Ralph Vacchiano the same thing and a separate source added that a Beckham trade is “highly unlikely.”
- Regarding whether he wants Beckham to be a Giant in 2018, co-owner Steve Tisch said: “I do hope that Odell is with the Giants for the 2018 season. I would like that very much.” (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Tisch referred to the recent video featuring Beckham Jr as “background noise.” (Dan Graziano)
- As for contract talks with Beckham Jr, Tisch said: “At the moment, conversations between Dave Gettleman and Odell’s representatives are at the earliest, most premature stages.”
- Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said Tuesday that they will still have a conversation with WR Dez Bryant regarding his contract but added that “it’s not time yet.”
- Jones added that they could still take a wide receiver in round one, even after signing Allen Hurns and Deonte Thompson. (Clarence Hill)
- According to Jones, they’ve had some talks with La’el Collins about moving back to guard. (Todd Archer)
- Jones said that WR Terrance Williams suffered an offseason injury that could force him to miss some of OTAs, but he refused to disclose nature of the injury or if surgery required. (David Moore)
- When asked if he would have traded for Michael Bennett had he known about the alleged incident from last year, Eagles executive VP Howie Roseman said: “I think we’re in a great country, and in this country, people are presumed innocent, and I think we have to be fair about that in all these matters. I don’t think it’s fair in any situation to not give people the right to present their side.” (Tim McManus)
- Roseman said of why they haven’t traded backup QB Nick Foles this offseason: “We’re in the business of making sure we get the right value for the player. And what our value is for the player is going to stick. …We feel very confident what his value is to our football team and, really, throughout the rest of the league.” (Zach Berman)
- As for LB Mychal Kendricks‘ status with the team, Roseman explained: “Mychal Kendricks is under contract. He played well for us last year. These are questions we go into every year, I feel like, with Mychal Kendricks. So nothing’s changed in regards to Mychal’s status.” (Zach Berman)