“So we certainly want Cole Beasley back. Again he’s made a huge impact on our team. We want him with our team as we go forward for a long, long time. But business will creep into that on both sides,” said Garrett, per Calvin Watkins.
- According to Todd Archer, the Cowboys are scheduled to meet with David Canter, the agent for DE DeMarcus Lawrence, Friday about an extension.
- Calvin Watkins reports that the Cowboys have plans to meet with CB Byron Jones’ agents this weekend.
- Texas A&M RB Trayveon Williams met with the Cowboys at the combine. (Jon Machota)
“He’s really put himself in a position to compete for it. We just don’t go around and give out jobs. But at the same time, we want him to compete for that spot. We feel like he’s earned the opportunity to do that,” said Pederson, via Zach Berman.
- Mike Kaye of NJ.com reports that the Eagles will pursue veteran quarterbacks in free agency.
- Kaye mentions Teddy Bridgewater, Tyrod Taylor and Josh McCown as the top impending free agents behind Nick Foles. Of this group, Kaye says Taylor offers the most similar skill set to Wentz.
- Utah State TE Dax Raymond says met with the Eagles at the Combine. (Matt Lombardo)
- Alabama TE Irv Smith says he met with the Eagles at the Combine. (Matt Lombardo)
- Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray said he’d “love to play in New York” with the Giants, but added: “I don’t get to pick myself.” (Bob McManaman)
- Ohio State QB Dwayne Haskins will meet with the Giants Friday night. (Pat Leonard)
- However, the team plans to keep Eli Manning in place as their quarterback and likely focus on “the Kansas City model” of adding a young prospect to develop behind him.
- Leonard spoke to a source who said that Giants HC Pat Shurmur watched the full 2018 seasons of several QBs, including Duke’s Daniel Jones and West Virginia’s Will Grier. If the Giants decide to draft a position player at No. 6 overall, it’s possible they could look to acquire another first-round pick to trade up for a quarterback.
- Leonard says that Ohio State’s Dwayne Haskins would be the most likely target if Giants GM Dave Gettleman selected a quarterback at No. 6 overall, but there are no guarantees he’ll still be available at that point.
- Ryan Dunleavy reports that Giants free agent DE Kerry Wynn is expected to have a much deeper market than last year and should be able to secure a multi-year contract. A source tells Dunleavy that the Giants are interested in re-signing Wynn.
- Duke QB Daniel Jones has met with the Giants at the Combine. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Penn State QB Trace McSorley says he has met with the Giants at Senior Bowl and the Combine. (Aaron Wilson)
- Utah State TE Dax Raymond says met with the Giants at the Combine. (Matt Lombardo)
- Alabama TE Irv Smith says he met with the Giants at the Combine. (Matt Lombardo)
- Redskins president Bruce Allen said they were never involved in trade talks for QB Joe Flacco. (JP Finley)
- Regarding a contract extension for G Brandon Scherff, Allen said: “Sooner the better.” (JP Finley)
- According to Allen, the Redskins will meet with all of the QB prospects at the Combine. (JP Finley)
- The Redskins have interviewed OL Cody Ford and Jawaan Taylor at the Combine. (Ben Standig)
- WVU QB Will Grier said he met with the Redskins at the Senior Bowl and will meet with Washington at the Combine. (JP Finlay)
- Ole Miss WR D.K. Metcalf interviewed with the Redskins at the Combine. (JP Finlay)