- The Chicago Bears officially ruled out TE Ben Braunecker (concussion) and G Kyle Long (foot) for Sunday’s game against the Bills and list LB Khalil Mack (ankle), DT Bilal Nichols (knee), and WR Allen Robinson (groin) as questionable.
Lions QB Matthew Stafford says he focused on moving forward following the trade that sent WR Golden Tate to the Eagles earlier in the week.
“The biggest thing for me is just moving forward with what we’ve got, and that’s all I can do,” Stafford said, via Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press. “I try to go out there and prepare each week, whether somebody’s hurt or somebody’s traded, whatever it is, not available to play that week. ‘All right, let’s go be successful with what we’ve got.’ And this week is no different from that standpoint.”
Stafford added that he believes the front office is doing what’s best for the team.
“They’re going to do what they think is best for the team,” Stafford said. “It’s not my decision to see who stays, who goes. That’s not my job. And I understand that, and I think they know that and respect that, too, so just let them do their job and I’ll deal with whatever comes.”
- Lions HC Matt Patricia said of DE Ziggy Ansah: “He’s making progress, but still day by day, said he’s “right in the mix of all of it” after practicing limited every day this week.” (Dave Birkett)
- The Detroit Lions list LB Jalen Reeves-Maybin (toe, neck) as doubtful for Week 9’s game and have DE Ezekiel Ansah (shoulder), G T.J. Lang (hip), and CB Darius Slay (knee) down as questionable.
- Packers HC Mike McCarthy said WR Geronimo Allison sustained a groin injury in practice on Thursday and “we’ll see where he is tomorrow.” (Rob Demovsky)
- McCarthy mentioned that he feels good about C Corey Linsley‘s (knee) availability for Sunday’s game against the Patriots.
- The Green Bay Packers officially list WR Geronimo Allison (hamstring, groin) as doubtful for Sunday’s game against the Patriots and WR Randall Cobb (hamstring), LB Nick Perry (ankle), and S Jermaine Whitehead (back) as questionable.
Vikings DE Everson Griffen, who returned to the team last week, says he’s feeling good, but still “knocking the rust off.”
“I feel good,” Griffen said, via Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press. “You know, my conditioning, being a pass rusher, it’s one of the hardest things to do in the National Football League. In any sport, it’s all about timing, hand-eye coordination and the whole nine, moving your feet and getting back there to the quarterback. . . .My No. 1 goal is just to keep on going out there and knocking the rust off more and more each day.”
- Courtney Cronin reports that Vikings RB Dalvin Cook (questionable, hamstring) will be on a limited pitch count Sunday and is expected to receive about 8-12 reps, if everything checks out before the game.
- The Minnesota Vikings officially ruled out LB Anthony Barr (hamstring), G Tom Compton (knee), and RB Roc Thomas (hamstring) for Sunday’s game against the Lions and list RB Dalvin Cook (hamstring), WR Stefon Diggs (rib), T Riley Reiff (foot), CB Xavier Rhodes (foot), and S Andrew Sendejo (groin) as questionable.