- Joel Corry mentions that Bears S Eddie Jackson should be an offseason contract extension priority for Chicago
- Corry expects Jackson to be looking to become the highest-paid safety in the NFL, topping Titans S Kevin Byard‘s $14.1M per year, possibly on a shorter deal.
- OUT for Week 16: WR Taylor Gabriel (concussion), T Bobby Massie (ankle)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 16: CB Prince Amukamara (hamstring), DT Akiem Hicks (elbow)
Lions RB Kerryon Johnson, who has been designated to return from injured reserve, says he’s hoping to return to game action this weekend for their matchup against the Broncos.
“I hope to,” Johnson said, via Kyle Meinke of MLive. “I don’t make those decisions, but if I’m called upon, I’ll be ready. And if I’m not, I’ll be ready to cheer ’em on. But I feel good, I feel like I can (play) if I need to, but like I said, that decision is way above us, so we’ll wait and see.”
While Johnson feels good, he admits it’s not his call to make.
“I feel good, man,” Johnson said. “I’ve been practicing for, what? Three weeks now, I guess? It’s been fine. Just trying to get back to my old self, just working, being out there having something to do instead of sitting around watching everybody else do stuff. It’s very exciting, so I’ve been happy.”
- Lions HC Matt Patricia told reporters on Friday that they’ll see how Johnson feels after today’s practice before making a decision whether to activate him or not. (Michael Rothstein)
- OUT for Week 16: LB Christian Jones (shoulder), DT A’Shawn Robinson (shoulder), T Rick Wagner (knee)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 16: LB Devon Kennard (hamstring), RB Bo Scarbrough (ribs)
- Packers HC Matt LaFleur says it’s “certainly an option” that S Raven Greene could return from injured reserve this season. However, they currently have no plan in place for him, even though he’s been working on the side of the practice field. (Matt Schenidman)
- Joel Corry of CBS Sports writes that Packers QB Aaron Rodgers is expected to earn $320,000 of his $1 million bonus for the 2019 season.
- According to Andrew Kramer, Vikings RB Alexander Mattison dealing with an ankle sprain that happened on the first play of final drive in last week’s game against the Lions.
- Krammer says Mattison seems like a “long shot” to play in Week 16, as he’s dealing with swelling and pain in his ankle and hasn’t practiced.
- Joel Corry of CBS Sports writes that Vikings DE Danielle Hunter is in line to earn $500,000 of his $1 million bonus for the 2019 season.
- Corry adds that Vikings K Dan Bailey expected to earn his entire $1 million bonus for the 2019 season.