- The Athletic’s Adam Jahns expects the Bears to explore adding a tight end both the draft and free agency, with free-agent options including Colts TE Eric Ebron and potentially Falcons TE Austin Hooper and Chargers TE Hunter Henry.
- Jahns also writes the Bears don’t have an easy out in TE Trey Burton‘s contract until after 2020, so he likely is back next year while Chicago crosses its fingers that he can stay healthy.
- Per Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press, the Lions have promoted Hank Fraley to OL coach and promoted Billy Yates to assistant OL coach.
- Lions signed RB Tra Carson to a futures contract. (NFLTR)
- Per NFL Media’s Tom Pelissero, Vikings RB Dalvin Cook wanted to make a distinction between being injured and banged up, saying he was just banged up at the end of the regular season which is why he rested: “I’m fine, just to let y’all know.”
- Vikings WR Stefon Diggs did not practice on Tuesday due to an illness. (Tom Pelissero)
- Despite leaving Sunday’s game against the Saints with an injury, Vikings DT Shamar Stephen plans to play this week against the Seahawks. (Andrew Krammer)
- The Vikings waived seven players from the retired/left squad list on Tuesday including DB Asher Allen, DT Christian Ballard, WR Lane Danielsen, TE Chad Fann, LB Jason Glenn, DB Terence Newman and C Kenny Sandlin.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!