- Per Bleacher Report’s Mike Freeman, an AFC assistant coach thinks the Bears make sense as a landing spot for QB Cam Newton: “Foles over Newton was a terrible mistake.”
- Houston OT Josh Jones was able to get in a Top 30 visit with the Bears before the shutdown. (Justin Melo)
DetroitNews.com’s Justin Rogers relays contract details for a number of Lions free agent signings, including:
- LB Reggie Ragland: $825,000 base salary.
- LB Elijah Lee: $10,00 signing bonus, $825,000 base salary.
- WR Geremy Davis: $35,000 signing bonus, $910,000 base salary, $827,500 against the cap under the veteran salary benefit.
Vikings RB Dalvin Cook said Thursday that he’s hoping to remain in Minnesota long term.
“I definitely love Minnesota,” Cook said, per Chris Tomasson. “I love everything the state has to bring and being a kid I was drafted from Miami (his hometown), I didn’t know what I was getting myself into. I actually am happy where I’m at, and I would like to be in Minnesota long term.’’
- Georgia S J.R. Reed spoke with the Vikings during the draft process, which includes a phone interview with director of scouting Jamaal Stephenson. He also had an interview with the Vikings at the combine. (Chris Tomasson)
- Texas A&M DT Justin Madubuike had a Top 30 visit scheduled with the Vikings before the shutdown. (Aaron Wilson)