- The Lions tendered a contract to exclusive rights free agent S Charles Washington.
- Of the Lions’ notable free agents, Michael Rothstein of ESPN expects DE Ezekiel Ansah, RB LeGarrette Blount, CB DeShawn Shead, LB Eli Harold, and WRs T.J. Jones and Bruce Ellington to depart through free agency.
- Dave Birkett reports that Romeo Okwara‘s new two-year extension with the Lions includes a $2.705 million signing bonus and a $720,000 guaranteed salary for 2019 plus incentives. In 2020, Okwara gets a $2.75 million base salary, $150,000 roster bonus and incentives.
Jeremy Fowler of ESPN said on SportsCenter Wednesday night that the Packers could be a surprise team to get in the mix for Antonio Brown.
“It’s funny. Talking to several league execs, a lot of them have brought up the Packers as a team that should be involved in the Antonio Brown sweepstakes,” Fowler said, per Zach Heilprin. “Now, they don’t know if they are actually involved. The Packers have been very low-key. They haven’t been a team (showing) interest, at least publicly of late, but if there is a surprise late push from a team, many wouldn’t be surprised if it is the Packers. Because as one league personnel exec told me, who has known the Packers well for a long time, he said, ‘No. 12, Aaron Rodgers, needs his guy. He needs that top-3 playmaker around the league, baggage and all.’ The Packers also happen to be armed with two first round picks and several others in the later rounds that they can toy with.”
- Vikings veteran DT Tom Johnson said he’s interested in returning to Minnesota: “I’ve got interest from (Vikings to re-sign) I definitely would like to return but you just never know how free agency is going to unfold.” (Chris Tomasson)
- Johnson added that he would sign a one-year deal: “I’m not looking for a multi-year deal I’m in a situation that I’m playing it by ear.”
- Albert Breer mentions that Vikings DE Everson Griffen and S Andrew Sendejo could be jeopardy of being released, given that Minnesota has limited cap room to work with.