- According to Matt Miller, sources around the NFL have told him that they’re projecting the Lions to “look heavily” at Ohio State CB Jeff Okudah and Auburn DL Derrick Brown at No. 3 overall.
- Miller says Detroit could also be a potential trade spot in the draft for teams like the Dolphins, Chargers and Panthers to move up for a quarterback.
The Packers are 13-3 and have a home playoff game next week. However, there are still questions about the team’s offense.
Aaron Rodgers was once again asked about their offensive issues and said the team is focused on “finding what works and what we like from the first 16 weeks.”
“I think the timing’s been off a lot of the year,” Rodgers said, via ESPN.com. “I don’t know if that’s going to get fixed. It’s not going to get fixed the next two days, it’s just a matter of finding those concepts where the timing has been good because there’s been a number of concepts where we’ve looked good, the ball’s been coming out on time, I’ve been feeling good about the rhythm and guys are getting open on time. But there’s, I think, too many concepts that we’ve really tried to hit and keep hitting and make it work and we just aren’t on the same page timingwise.”
- Packers HC Matt LaFleur said Friday that ILB Ty Summers worked with the running backs and caught passes during warmups. LaFleur explained that this is mainly because they needed a fullback body there with Danny Vitale dealing with a knee injury. (Matt Schneidman)
- According to Matt Miller, the draft plan for the Packers is likely to get Aaron Rodgers more help at either wide receiver or tight end and possibly get younger on the offensive line.
- Matt Miller expects the Vikings to be major players in the cornerback market, either in free agency or the draft.
- A Vikings scouting source tells Miller that offensive linemen could also be a consideration for Minnesota, depending on who’s available to them in round one. However, the expectation around the league, according to Miller, is that offensive tackles will go high in this year’s draft.
- Nick Korte of OverTheCap.com projects the Vikings to receive a third-round compensatory pick for DT Sheldon Richardson and two seventh-rounders for Trevor Siemian and Tom Compton.
- OUT for Wildcard game: CB Mackensie Alexander (knee), CB Mike Hughes (neck)
- QUESTIONABLE for Wildcard game: DE Ifeadi Odenigbo (hamstring)