- The 49ers have ruled out WR Pierre Garcon (knee) from Week 8’s game.
- Cam Inman expects WRs Dante Pettis and Kendrick Bourne to see more snaps on Sunday in Garcon’s absence.
- Greg Auman of The Athletic mentions that Buccaneers K Chandler Catanzaro is clearly on a “short leash” after the team worked out some kickers this week.
- The Buccaneers specifically tried Cairo Santos and Sam Ficken on Friday, but neither was signed to a contract afterward. (NFLTR)
Cowboys executive Stephen Jones said that no trades are imminent and another deal is “probably a long shot” after they acquired Amari Cooper earlier in the week.
“We’ve got to be careful in terms of giving up any more picks,” said Jones, via Jon Machota of the Dallas Morning News.
Regarding Seahawks TE Ed Dickson returning from the non-football injury list, HC Pete Carroll said they plan to be “careful” with Dickson after dealing with multiple soft-tissue injuries.
“We’re going to be careful,” Carroll said, via the team’s official site. “He has worked really hard to get back and he’s been probably much more so than a regular guy coming off of rehab because he’s had time to do that so he’s ahead of what most guys would be, conditioning-wise. We’re going to monitor as we go. We’ve got a thought in mind but we’re looking for him to be involved. We’ll just see how he handles it during the game.”
- Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times mentions that Seahawks RB J.D. McKissic (foot) is “probably” 2-3 weeks away from returning, as Seattle does not feel they need to rush him back given the success of their running backs.