- 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan said they are activating CB Richard Sherman (calf), RB Raheem Mostert (ankle), and RB Jeff Wilson Jr. (ankle) from injured reserve and are considered questionable for Week 12. (Nick Wagoner)
- 49ers OL Tom Compton has been ruled out of Week 12 after sustaining a concussion during walk-throughs. (Matt Maiocco)
- Robert Mays of The Athletic lists the 49ers at the No. 2 best landing spot for Jets QB Sam Darnold should he be traded next year.
- OUT for Week 12: RB Tevin Coleman (knee), T Tom Compton (concussion), LB Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles (hamstring), CB K’Waun Williams (ankle)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 12: LB Azeez Al-Shaair (illness), LB Dre Greenlaw (illness), DT Javon Kinlaw (not injury related), TE Jordan Reed (illness)
Cardinals GM Steve Keim said he expects QB Kyler Murray (shoulder) to start Week 12’s game against the Patriots.
“I know we have done a good job rehabbing this week and he has made some improvements,” Keim said, via Darren Urban of the team’s official site. “We’ll find out soon enough if he’ll be ready to go but our expectations are that Kyler will be ready to go and the rest of the team will step up around him with those receivers lost, guys like Andy Isabella, guys like KeeSean Johnson and Chase (Edmonds) has continued to do a nice job out of the backfield catching the ball.”
Cardinals HC Kliff Kingsbury added that Murray will be a game-day decision.
“He’s improved each day, which is encouraging. We’ll see what it looks like Sunday and kinda go from there,” Kingsbury said, via Josh Weinfuss.
Regarding the development of Cardinals LB Isaiah Simmons, Keim said his philosophy is for rookies to be properly prepared by Thanksgiving.
“We’ve always had a philosophy that rookies come in and they are rookies until we get to about Thanksgiving,” Keim said. “They learn how to be a pro, not only on the field but in the locker room and in preparation. I don’t think it was any different for Isaiah.”
- Cardinals HC Kliff Kingsbury said that WR Larry Fitzgerald’s COVID-19 situation is a separate incident from S Deionte Thompson. (Josh Weinfuss)
- Albert Breer of SI.com lists Cardinals director of player personnel Quentin Harris as a name to watch in connection to GM opening during the offseason.
- Cardinals QB Chris Streveler will be Kyler Murray‘s primary backup for Week 12 instead of veteran Brett Hundley. (Josh Weinfuss)
- OUT for Week 12: TE Darrell Daniels (ankle), DE Josh Mauro (hamstring), S Jalen Thompson (ankle)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 12: T Justin Murray (hand), S Charles Washington (groin)
- The Los Angeles Rams announced that one player and staff member tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday and have since had two negative tests for each.
- Rams HC Sean McVay said TE Tyler Higbee (elbow) will be a game-time decision for Week 12. Rams LB Terrell Lewis (knee) is considered doubtful. (Eric Williams)
- DOUBTFUL for Week 12: LB Terrell Lewis (knee)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 12: C Brian Allen (knee), TE Tyler Higbee (elbow)