- 49ers GM John Lynch said the team is over a 90 percent vaccination rate. (Matt Barrows)
- Lynch added DE Dee Ford is in a good place after neck and back issues last year: “We feel like we have a good handle on it now. … It’s a cautiously optimistic approach.” (Matt Maiocco)
- 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan said as of right now, QB Jimmy Garoppolo is the starter: “There’s no open competition right now.” (Eric Branch)
Cardinals QB Kyler Murray said the team needs to focus on the little things in order to make the playoffs.
“Those organizations that are used to winning, they do everything right, and I don’t think that we are there yet,” Murray said, via ESPN’s Josh Weinfuss. “And I think that’s what we need to get to doing is, do everything right, the little things right. The little things matter in the grand scheme of things.”
Cardinals HC Kliff Kingsbury added that although he has regrets that led to not making the playoffs last year, he can’t dwell on them.
“But that’s every year you’re going to look back and have certain things that you wish you could have done better,” Kingsbury said. “But, to me, I think toward the end of the season, we had a chance to obviously solidify a playoff spot and were unable to do it. And I got to figure out a way to finish the season stronger.”
- Kingsbury said the team is prepared to play with or without WR Larry Fitzgerald: “The ball is in his court.” (Darren Urban)
- Kirk isn’t surprised by Fitzgerald’s actions: “It doesn’t surprise me he is handling this the way he is. There is always a rhyme and reason to what he does.” (Urban)
- Cardinals DE Chandler Jones and LB Jordan Hicks both reported to training camp despite trade speculation this offseason. (Howard Balzer)
- Kingsbury said he thinks Jones is in a good place entering camp, and the contract stuff “is part of the business.” (Urban)
Rams HC Sean McVay is happy with the team’s vaccination rates, noting that the Rams are “close to 100 percent“.
“It’s been really good,” McVay said, via PFT. “All of our staff is. [I] don’t want to get into the exact numbers, but we are really close to 100 percent of our players having the vaccination. Some of those guys are in the process of getting that started within the last week. . . . I think you do want to be understanding and respectful of everybody has an individual approach, that resonates with me. Where you want to be empathetic to why they may feel good or why they might have concerns. Our guys have done a great job of trying to educate us on their perspective. We’ve gotten close to 100 percent of our guys that are committed to doing that, which is good.”
- Rams CB Darious Williams isn’t worried about his contract, but would like to remain in LA. (Jourdan Rodrigue)
- After tearing two knee ligaments last year, LT Andrew Whitworth believes he’s healthy now. (Rodrigue)
- A source told Josina Anderson that the team wants to get an extension done with S Jamal Adams: “We are hopeful that the contract will get done soon. He’s in town. A lot was given up to get him. I feel there is love on both sides. We’ll see.”
- ESPN’s Brady Henderson reports OLB Aldon Smith is in shape and reporting to training camp.