49ers HC Kyle Shanahan said DE Dee Ford is not considering retirement after sustaining a back injury in Week 2 that landed him on injured reserve.
“It’s not being discussed, and I don’t want to say anything strong that people blow up, but it’s similar to what I said a couple of weeks ago. When you’re dealing with the back and things like that, everything’s a concern. Also, that stuff does loosen up just randomly, too. That’s why we’re playing it slow. I just saw him here a little bit in the hallway on my way here. I think he’s doing better than he was a couple of weeks ago, that’s for sure. But, it’s something we’ve just got to be smart with and you can’t risk things when you’re dealing with that part of the body. So I wouldn’t get to saying all that stuff, but that’s why we’re being cautious with it,” Shanahan said, via ProFootballTalk.
- 49ers placed DE Dee Ford and TE Jordan Reed on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- 49ers activated WR Deebo Samuel from injured.
- 49ers signed RB JaMycal Hasty to their active roster.
- 49ers promoted LB Joe Walker and CB Jamar Taylor from the practice squad.
- Now that the Eagles placed LT Jason Peters on injured reserve, Les Bowen reports that Jordan Mailata will start at left tackle in Week 4.
- Eagles placed LT Jason Peters and CB Trevor Williams on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Eagles signed WR Travis Fulgham, C Luke Juriga and RB Adrian Killins to their active roster. (NFLTR)
- Eagles promoted DB Grayland Arnold and WR Deontay Burnett to their active roster.
“You just have to know how to play with him,” Floyd said, via Eric D. Williams of Sports Illustrated. “You can play off him when you’re rushing. It’s just making plays off him, reading how he gets off and helping him out by making plays through the back door. I knew he was a great player coming in and going to practices and stuff have done nothing but confirm that he’s a great competitor and a great player.”
Donald praised Floyd’s athleticism as an edge rusher and his ability to drop into coverage.
“His length, his athleticism and his ability to do some different things athletically, not only going forward but being able to drop in coverage provides a winning edge for us,” Donald said. “He’s done a nice job, and we expect him to continue on the same path he’s headed.”
Donald added that Floyd has done well in run defense and his technique as a pass rusher.
“He’s just playing good ball,” said Donald. “He’s stout in the run and then when it comes to the pass rush, he’s got good technique, he knows how to work different things, change up his rushes and he’s taking advantage of that and he’s making plays. That’s what is expected. That’s why he’s here and hopefully he will continue to do that. He’s going to continue to get better and we’re going to get this thing rolling.”
- Rams promoted DB Juju Hughes to their active roster. (NFLTR)