- According to Matt Barrows of The Athletic, the 49ers decided to have a walkthrough instead of a normal practice on Thursday due to the number of injuries they have suffered so far this offseason.
- Among those suffering from minor injuries include FB Kyle Juszczyk, TE George Kittle, DE Nick Bosa, DE Dee Ford, DE Ronald Blair, and S Marcell Harris.
- The team has signed receivers Kevin White and River Cracraft in an attempt to offset injuries sustained by Deebo Samuel, Richie James, Brandon Aiyuk, and Jalen Hurd.
- Barrows also compiled a list of players who were rising and falling in training camp this offseason. He lists CB Jason Verrett, DL Kevin Givens, DL Kentavius Street, OL Colton McKivitz, RB JaMycal Hasty, S Jonathan Cyprien, and TE Jordan Reed as those gaining traction.
- Players trending down, according to Barrows, include DE Dion Jordan, TE Ross Dwelley, OL Tom Compton, CB Tim Harris, RB Jeff Wilson, and S Marcell Harris.
- 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan said WR J.J. Nelson will miss a month. (Cam Inman)
- An NFL executive tells ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler that Rams WR Cooper Kupp is among the most underrated players in the league: “Show me a matchup that’s been unfavorable for him. I know DBs are always concerned about him. He rarely goes down on first contact, makes the most of his speed. He’ll show a lot this year.”
- Josina Anderson reports that extension talks between the Rams and CB Jalen Ramsey “are not close, but it’s still early.“
“He’s just comfortable now. It seems like he’s been doing it for a while… He’s doing an amazing job so far,” said Griffin, via John Boyle.
“We need to see what those guys look like,” said Carroll, via Curtis Crabtree.