“We’ll see how he comes in on Wednesday,” Shanahan said, via Matt Maiocco of NBCSportsBayArea.com. “He was a little sore today. We’ll wait to see how he is on Wednesday to see if he’ll be able to practice or go this week. We know there will be some question.”
- Ian Rapoport reports that free agent DE Ezekiel Ansah left his visit with the 49ers without an agreement in place. Rapoport says Ansah plans to wait for the right opportunity.
- ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler thinks the 49ers could be proactive and try to extend LB Fred Warner this offseason as he enters the final year of his rookie deal, as he’s established himself as a top-ten linebacker.
- Shanahan said WR Deebo Samuel was still feeling some soreness which has persisted and turned into a “little bit of a setback.” San Francisco placed Samuel on injured reserve on Saturday. (Nick Wagoner)
- Shanahan also said that the goal is for Samuel to make his return during Week 4 against the Philadelphia Eagles. (Matt Maiocco)
- As for rookie WR Brandon Aiyuk, Shanahan said he would “be surprised if we don’t” when asked if the team would have him available for Week 2. (Matt Barrows)
- Shanahan once again mentioned free agent WR Mohamed Sanu: “Him being out there is always a possibility. I wouldn’t rule that out at all.” (Barrows)
- The Rams had previously informed WR Robert Woods that they would look at contract options for him once WR Cooper Kupp‘s contract was extended. Woods is signed through 2021 but has made it known that he wants to finish his career with the Rams. (Jourdan Rodrigue)
- ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler writes the Seahawks are expected to make every effort to re-sign CB Shaquill Griffin before he can hit free agency next offseason. He’s seen by some coaches as a top-ten corner.
- Fowlers adds it wouldn’t be surprising to see the Seahawks go ahead and work out an extension for S Jamal Adams sometime in the next few months as his price isn’t going down.