“I know Kyle’s trying to get me up there to work on his staff, but I’m not ready to do the coaching thing yet,” Staley said, via 95.7TheGame. “I’m really, honestly, just enjoying the time that I have with my family right now. I have two young girls, seven and four, and we’re enjoying spending a ton of time together. I’m catching up on all the time I missed while playing football and I’m not in a huge hurry to get back into something.”
- Matt Maiocco notes that 49ers’ recently waived LB Nathan Gerry‘s was spotted rehabbing from an Achilles injury during the team’s offseason program.
“He’s done a great job,” McVay said, via Rams Wire. “I think he’s really done a nice job elevating his game at the outside location. He has been a guy with some position flex inside, but I think he’s really, really done a nice job of growing. He’s gotten a lot of really valuable, beneficial reps where you’ve seen him tangibly improve throughout the course of the offseason because the one thing that we have done full-speed is 7-on-7. He’s taken to Coach Evero, Coach Cooley and Coach Morris’ teaching progression, understanding concepts better and I’ve been really pleased with David and he’s a guy we’re going to count on and we’re expecting him to be a big-time contributor for us.”
- According to Brady Henderson, the Seahawks want to sign S Jamal Adams long-term, but there hasn’t been much extension talk lately.
- Henderson also reports the Seahawks want a pass rusher to replace LB K.J. Wright, with Darrell Taylor being the front runner.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said RB Rashaad Penny underwent minor surgery on his knee but is expected to be ready in time for training camp. (Curtis Crabtree)
- Carroll added that RB Travis Homer sustained a calf strain, and WR D’Wayne Eskridge suffered an injury on his big toe.
- Regarding Seahawks S Jamal Adams‘ contract situation, Carroll said they’ve had “good talks” but they are still working toward an agreement: “They’ve been good talks and just hasn’t been able to get settled at this point but it’s coming.” (Curtis Crabtree)
- Carroll mentioned that Adams had surgery on his fingers and shoulder this offseason but is expected to return for training camp. (Bob Condotta)
- Seahawks TE Will Dissly described OC Shane Waldron‘s offense as “systematic and up-temp” with some new concepts: “First word would probably be smart. Everything is fitting really, really well. It’s systematic and up-tempo. I’m really loving, you know, just being a part of the newness, the new energy, and new concepts.” (Curtis Crabtree)
- Dissly expects the Seahawks’ offense to have more “quick game” to their system: “Some quick game here or there that you might not have seen in the … past.” (Brady Henderson)