- According to PFF’s Brad Spielberger, with WR Anthony Miller being traded to Houston, the Bears will use WR Allen Robinson more in the slot in 2021.
- PFF’s Doug Kyed says the Bears are high on second-year WR Darnell Mooney, with one league source telling him after the Miller trade: “Darnell Mooney is about to explode.”
- Brian Costello of The New York Post reports that the Jets and Bears have had discussions about a potential trade involving QB Nick Foles.
- However, Costello says that a deal is considered unlikely and it’s doubtful the Bears will cut Foles, as it will cost Chicago $14 million in dead money. This would be $8 million more than if the Bears kept Foles on the team.
- According to ESPN, Packers’ QB Aaron Rodgers has finished his normal offseason training regimen with Proactive Sports Performance, a program that he has completed for the past ten years of his career.
- Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio writes that one team that has or had an interest in trading for Rodgers believes the veteran wants $90 million guaranteed over the next two years from the Packers, which would tie the organization’s hands and make it impossible for them to move on from him during that time.
- Per Aaron Wilson, Packers LB Ray Wilborn tested positive for COVID-19.
- New Vikings WR Dede Westbrook is excited to reunite with WR coach Keenan McCardell: “Keenan’s like a father figure to me. I respect him and everything that he’s ever taught me and done for me.” (Chris Tomasson)
- Westbrook said the specifics of his new one-year deal are still being worked out. (Tomasson)
- Westbrook added he will “most definitely” be ready for training camp after recovering from his torn ACL from last year. (Tomasson)
- Vikings sixth-round DT Jaylen Twyman is expected to start training camp on the non-football injury list. Two of his four gunshot wounds have healed but one in his pelvis is still causing issues. (Adam Schefter)