- NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport notes Lions CB Jeff Okudah, who is now fully healthy for training camp, underwent surgery to repair both sides of his core muscle after tearing an individual portion last season.
- Rapoport mentions that Okudah had an operation on the non-injured side of his core muscle as a precaution given the injury often progresses to both portions.
- ESPN’s Dan Graziano writes that Packers WR Davante Adams‘ next extension will make him one of the NFL’s highest-paid wide receivers. Currently Cardinals WR DeAndre Hopkins ($27.25 million a year) and Titans WR Julio Jones ($22 million a year) are the top two.
- PackersNews.com’s Ryan Wood has more details about the Packers’ attempts to mend fences with QB Aaron Rodgers. Green Bay’s two-year extension offer was not the first thing they put on the table, and was only made after it became clear how fractured the relationship was.
- Wood writes it’s believed Green Bay’s initial hesitancy to touch Rodgers’ contract only exacerbated the quarterback’s frustrations.
- Wood adds the Packers first offered to restructure the remaining three years on Rodgers’ contract to give him more long-term security as the starter but he rejected that offer. Green Bay returned with the extension which Rodgers also rebuffed.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!