- Kevin Fishbain of The Athletic tosses out Falcons left guard James Carpenter as a speculative trade candidate for the Bears to watch leading up to the deadline. Chicago lost G James Daniels to injury and they could use some offensive line help. Carpenter is highly unlikely to be in the Falcons’ long-term plans.
- One other possibility suggested by Fishbain is Falcons veteran C Alex Mack in case Chicago is open to moving Cody Whitehair back to guard.
- OUT for Week 6: S Deon Bush (hamstring)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 6: G Alex Bars (shoulder), S Sherrick McManis (hamstring), DT Brent Urban (knee)
- Chris Burke of The Athletic mentions Marvin Jones as a potential trade candidate worth watching for the Lions leading up to the deadline. Burke considers it a “high” possibility that the Lions will make a move in the coming weeks.
- The Detroit Lions are bringing in running backs Dalyn Dawkins and Taquan Mizzell for tryouts on Thursday. They are also hosting TE Matt Sokol for a visit, according to Aaron Wilson.
- OUT for Week 6: CB Desmond Trufant (hamstring)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 6: S C.J. Moore (calf), C Frank Ragnow (groin)
Packers GM Brian Gutekunst admitted that next year’s salary cap is “problematic” for them to deal with, but he added that it’s something everyone is dealing with.
“It’s problematic,” Gutekunst told Kevin Clark of The Ringer. “Every team is dealing with it. For me, it’s certainly made it a lot tougher. We’ve always tried to have some flexibility, and maintaining that flexibility is much more difficult going into next year’s cap and really with the unpredictability of what 2022 will look like. It’s tough. It comes down to choices, and it will be an interesting spring because a lot of teams will have to make a lot of choices they don’t really want to. But it’s very much an equal playing field. We’re all going to have to deal with it. There’s going to be some unpleasantness. There’s no doubt about that.”
“I wouldn’t say I’m pessimistic. I still think there’s a way for us to keep our good players,” Gutekunst said. “I think there is going to be, leaguewide, a recognition of the environment we’re in, and that may take a longer time for not just teams but players as well.”
- Packers’ C Corey Linsley mentions that while there has been no progress on a new contract, the situation is similar to when he received an extension back in 2017: “The minute I start thinking about that, I’m not thinking about my job and how I need to perform.” (Ryan Wood)
- Packers’ WR coach Jason Vrable spoke about the injury sustained by WR Equanimeous St. Brown: “I felt really, really good about him going into the season. It was unfortunate for him the knee kind of had its issues, but I’m excited about EQ. Obviously, if he gets back, he’s gonna have a role for us.” (Matt Schneidman)
- Packers HC Matt LaFleur said WR Davante Adams and DT Kenny Clark “will be ready to go” for Sunday’s game against the Buccaneers. (Matt Schneidman)
- LaFleur says CB Kevin King (quad) will “be more of a “game-time decision” even though he returned to practice on Friday. (Wes Hodkiewicz)
- Kenny Clark said he was ready to return from his groin injury last week: “I thought I was ready to play the Atlanta game (in Week 4), but it wasn’t under my control. … The bye week definitely helped (his groin), gave me another week to heal.” (Rob Demovsky)
- OUT for Week 6: RB Tyler Ervin (wrist)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 6: DE Montravius Adams (neck), LB Rashan Gary (ankle), CB Kevin King (quadricep), LB Za’Darius Smith (ankle)
- Michael Lombardi said on the “GM Shuffle” podcast that the Vikings have TE Kyle Rudolph available for trade right now.
- Chad Graff of The Athletic mentions Vikings G Pat Elflein as a potential trade candidate worth watching for the Vikings leading up to the deadline.
- Vikings LT Riley Reiff said of taking a paycut to remain in Minnesota: “It is what it is.” (Chris Tomasson)
- Reiff added that he stayed with the Vikings because of his “teammates” and loves the Midwest. He added that he’s fortunate to be here: “I love it here. The Vikings have been great to me.”
- OUT for Week 6: CB Kris Boyd (hamstring), RB Dalvin Cook (groin), WR K.J. Osborn (hamstring), G Dru Samia (wrist)
- DOUBTFUL for Week 6: CB Holton Hill (foot)