- Bob McManaman of the Arizona Republic reports Buccaneers HC Bruce Arians reached out to Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald when WR Chris Godwin was injured this past season. Fitzgerald turned down his offer to join Tampa Bay by saying he “couldn’t run two plays right now” if he tried.
- The Buccaneers have a top 30 visit scheduled with UT-Chattanooga OL Cole Strange. (Justin Melo)
- Michigan RB Hassan Haskins had a top 30 visit with the Buccaneers. (Aaron Wilson)
- D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports the Falcons could have signed veteran LB Alec Ogletree, who played at the University of Georgia. Instead, the team opted to sign LB Rashaan Evans after his fifth-year option was not picked up by the Titans.
- The Draft Network’s Justin Melo reports Virginia LB Joey Blount has plans to work out with the Atlanta Falcons.
- The Falcons will work out Southern OL Ja’Tyre Carter on campus. (Aaron Wilson)
- Texas A&M OL Kenyon Green has a pre-draft visit scheduled with the Atlanta Falcons. (Ari Meirov)
Panthers QB Sam Darnold said that he’s proven himself to be a good quarterback in the NFL and he’s not concerned about the moves the team might make to replace him.
“It truly is, and this is where you’re not gonna believe what I say, but just bear with me,” he told Titans LT Taylor Lewan and free-agent LB Will Compton on the “Bussin’ with the Boys” podcast. “It truly is like whatever happens happens, because at the end of the day, it’s out of my control, and I know that. I have enough security in myself to where I can be like, ‘I know I’m a good quarterback. I know I can be a good quarterback in this league. I’ve proved it.’ And I know there’s a team, if something happens, that would want me.”
Darnold mentioned he had nothing but positive experiences with QB Cam Newton when the veteran was brought in midseason.
“He was a great dude,” Darnold said. “A great guy in the quarterback room. A great guy to have around in general because his energy is unmatched. And then I come back and play and he’s a great guy. I really have nothing bad to say about Cam.”
Darnold also said he told the Jets they were “making a mistake” when they traded him so they could take Zach Wilson. It’s obvious he thinks the Panthers would be doing the same by replacing him.
“At the end of the day, it’s not my call,” he said. “If they don’t think I’m the guy, it is what it is.”