- Rick Stroud mentions that the Buccaneers have said they want free agent CB Brent Grimes back for the 2018 season, but it will likely come down to their offer and whether he’d like to see what else is out there for him.
- Darren Rovell of ESPN reports that Fanatics owner Michael Rubin has emerged as a potential buyer for the Carolina Panthers.
- Rubin currently owns a stake in the Philadelphia 76ers, New Jersey Devils and the Premier League team Crystal Palace and is considered to be a “serious bidder” for the Panthers.
- other interested buyers for the Carolina franchise include hedge fund billionaire David Tepper and debt collector Ben Navarro.
- Ian Rapoport has been told that there are six-to-eight viable bidders for the Panthers and the list appears to keep growing.
- John Keim mentions that shortly after the Redskins traded for QB Alex Smith, he was told Washington would not be drafting a quaraterback high this year, if at all.
- However, Keim’s sense all along has been that if the Redskins take a quarterback, it would be late.
- Keim expects free agent CB Bashaud Breeland to get a contract in the range of $6-8 million in free agency.
- In regards to S Su’a Cravens, who is available for trade, Keim expects him to get moved at some point and most of the sources he’s spoken to believe Washington could get close to a fifth-round pick for him.
- Multiple sources have told Keim that the Redskins really like Washington DT Vita Vea and it’s possible he could be on the board for them at No. 13 overall.